Code of conduct
The C20 Discussion Forum exists to provide a friendly and accessible environment where you can discuss ideas and share your opinions with others. As a participant, you are part of a diverse community of people from around the world. Like most communities, we have some basic ground rules.
We expect everyone using the Discussion Forum to abide by this Code of Conduct. By engaging with the Discussion Forum, you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. In accordance with this Code of Conduct, “contribution” means any material posted or uploaded to our websites by a user, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
Users must not:
- Use the C20 Discussion Forum to send offensive or harassing material to other users;
- Publish defamatory and/or knowingly false material about any person, other users or entities;
- Reveal confidential information in a personal online posting, upload or transmission – including financial information and information relating to customers, business plans, policies, staff, and/or internal discussions relating to any entity;
- Undertake deliberate activities that undermines the purpose of the C20 Discussion Forum;
- Introduce any form of malicious software into the community;
- Participate in discussions if under 13 years old.
- Must not plagiarize or violate copyright, database, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore, users will generally need the explicit permission from copyright owners of any existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyrighted material before posting them to the website. Documents posted without the proper authorization will be deleted.
- Must not contain unlawful, objectionable, disruptive, offensive, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially offensive, sexually offensive, or religiously offensive content. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Debates should be productive and founded on constructive criticism.
- Must address the C20 agenda and related topics and must not be used to promote brands or institutions. Contributions must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content will be deleted.
- Must not promote illegal behavior. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
- Are all public and may appear in public search results. Accordingly, users should not post personal details or information that should not be be publically available.
Users who violate these rules and contribution guidelines will be sent a warning message by the C20 Discussion Forum team identifying the issue at stake and notifying them of its removal. Users who repeat offenses after receiving warnings will be banned from the site.
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to the platform made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct, please Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org
The C20 Discussion Forum team will periodically revise the Code of Conduct from time to time by amending this page. Please visit this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made as they are legally binding.
This is a public and open platform; the information you post here is public and may appear in search results. Therefore you should not post personal details or information you do not want to be available publicly.
Use of this site is provided by the C20 subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your access and/or use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditionsas at the date of your first use of the website.
- We reserve the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online.Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a matter which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhabit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party.
- The website and the information, names, images, pictures, trade marks regarding or relating to the C20 are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the C20’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud, or any liability which cannot be excluded to applicable law.
- The C20 does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that the website, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Allintellectual property in the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights and trade marks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of the C20 or its third party licensors.
- Materials in the website may be copied for personal use onlyon the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners. All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (as indicated within these materials).
- We take no responsibility for the content of external internet websites.Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. We reserve the right to remove any such communication or material from the Website at its own discretion.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Turkey. Any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Turkey
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the website must be terminated immediately.
By entering and using this website you are deemed to accept the provisions in this policy.
Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated. The policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
1. Our commitment to privacy: We attach a great deal of importance to protecting your privacy. That is why we work in accordance with Turkish law and treat the data you provide us with carefully.
- The information we collect: We collect personal information (including demographic and personal profile data) as volunteered by you in registration forms. However, you can access our web site without disclosing any of your personal data.
- How we use information: We use this information to help us understand more about how users use our site and to make improvements. We may also use the information for marketing purposes such as sending you updates by email. If you have subscribed to C20 updates, you will receive them by email on a monthly basis.
The information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission, are required to disclose the information by law, or in the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with future C20 Steering Committees, who may then use your personal information in connection with their activities.
- Our commitment to data security: We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
- Our commitment to children’s privacy; The safety of children is very important to us. No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by children without prior parental consent. All applicable laws are followed with respect to data collection from children. No sharing of data collected from children with any third parties is permitted at any time under any circumstances.
- How to access or correct your information: If you have created an account on our website, you can access, correct or delete your personal data by logging in to your user account [link to user account login area]and making the necessary changes. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
- How to contact us: If you have any questions relating to this policy, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via [insert email address].